Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summertime Jams.....

#nowplaying

Power - Kanye
He comes out from hibernation dropping rhymes in a song about his "escape" since the Beyonce incident

California Gurls - Katy Perry F. Snoop
Ridiculous beat, the I could rap over with catchy lyrics, it's a summer anthem

Not Afraid - Eminem
The man himself his back reminding us of why he was so great to begin with

Find Your Love - Drake
Ridiculous video and great track, album finally comes out next week, can he go platinum first week, I say yes

Getting Over You - David Guetta F. Fergie & LMFAO
Guetta at his best, this remix is a rare artists collaboration that works

Cooler Than Me - Mike Posner
Duke grad is on Warped Tour this summer and this is why

Neutron Star Collison - Muse
Starts off a piano (Queen-esque), features scenes from Twilight, great track

I Like It - Enrique F. PitBull
An interesting pairing, but I'm a big fan of PitBull and this song is a summer one sure to be around for a bit

#onradio....

Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus
Miley tries to grow up, will be massive on radio, song alone isn't bad

Dream On / I Dreamed A Dream / Jessie's Girl / Bad Romance - Glee
This show is taking over, charted 5 new songs last week, I get it, but don't really wanna hear it on the radio

Touching On My - 3!OH3
Sounds like bad white rap, although chorus was made for DJ to stop the tracks in the club

#onyourradionotmine

My First Kiss - 3!OH3 F. Kesha
It's my a jingly summer one that will take off in the tween crowds

Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
Never been a fan, but perfect hockey "skate-in" song

WooHoo - Christina F. Nicky Minaj
Interesting sound, the mediocre dance music she's been pumping out for years without her vocals

Somebody To Love - Justin Bieber
Glad to see the kid make a song on his own, still no good

Pyramid - Charice F. Iyaz
Iyaz is the new Nate Dogg, so the hook is there, but the rest of track isn't

Free - Zac Brown Band
Not a country fan, but for the OAR of country I'm usually in, but this track is a slower one

Hold You - Gyptian
Jamaican reggae music and I honestly don't know what the lyrics even say, solid beat though