Thursday, September 17, 2009

TechCrunch 50

This conference is held every year around this time to "get the best startups and launch them in front of the industry's most influential VC's, corporations, and press". Launching a startup is never easy. The best ideas out there are sometimes poorly timed or managed. 98% of startups fail within 5 years. On the flipside if all goes well, I will be there next year myself with my own green company. Here are this year's finalists: http://http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/08/announcing-the-techcrunch50-finalists/ (I figured out how to link on my blog!)

A few of what I think our the best ideas:

Blah Girls - it's has Ashton Kutcher's backing and gossip, it's a winner for the tweens
LiveHit & QuantNews - both use web based applications to track web PR/clicks
Exchange P - fantasy stock market for private companies
ICharts - Youtube of stock charts
Mobclix - monetizing IPhone apps
Bojam - musical collaboration over the Internet
Closet Couture - like the Clueless closer on the Internet