Thursday, September 3, 2009

Twitter+Google = Your New Stock Broker?

I my downtime I stumbled upon a site called: StockTwits. Ths site is an aggregate site for Twitter. Anytime there is a tweet/post about stocks it grabs it. I really like the idea of an open area to discuss stocks. Good work by the founders of this company. Stock trading is one space that works well for Twitter because to you can "tweet" and trade in real time. On the flipside, I feel like it's an area that is open to fraud like those penny stock e-mails we've all received over the years. I am going to give it a try next week.

Alos, I found on Google Finance they have a domestic trends category which allows to you use their search data to see what stocks you'd like to play with by sector only. You can graph Google searches vs the stocks. You have to do your own work on this one though. I think Google is onto something here especially with Russell and pre-IPO stocks if they ever get that far. If I could track little companies most searched for in Google, I'd be a millionaire already. I'm suprised Google doesn't haven't their own hedge fund for this exact purpose. Information continues to be the most valuable commodity out there and Google is leading the new as the "information leader" of the the 21st century.

PS Stock picks coming tommorow too don't worry