Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Grab Your Popcorn

I was never a big movie guy, but in LA I feel like you have to be. With so many people working within the industry, movie are constant water cooler talk so if you haven't seen a movie you at least sort of need to to act like you have. This section of the blog will appear on Thursdays and review what's coming out this weekend. Since this is my first movie blog, I'll backdate some of my picks.

SEE
500 Days of Summer - This year's Juno, your gonna love it plus it has the kid from 30 Rock sort of grown up
The Hurt Locker - A war movie with great reviews, who would have thought

SEE-ABLE
Funny People - Funny for 90 minutes, then it gets serious, best viewed intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, tons of Jewish and male sexual organ jokes
G-Force - For kiddies what else is out
Harry Potter - I don't get the fascination in 700 page books about wizards but people love the guy

This Weekend
GI Joe - Transformers Part 3, bad acting and lots of things blowing up, great special effects make it see-able
Julie and Julia - Great counterprogramming from Sony while the boys see GI Joe, Meryl Streep and Julia Child is a match made in heaven for women in their 50's
A Perfect Getaway - How many times can Hollywood make same movie? Scary honeymoon trip movie, I'm out on this one