Monday, August 31, 2009

New Music Tuesday

First off, condolences to DJ AM's family. Adam you had a true talent to make any night a great one. You will be missed in LA, Vegas, and anywhere you spun.

Songs

Celebration - Madonna
She's back with a dance track that sounds like something out of her older stuff but it's Madonna so it'll play in the clubs and her fans will grab it

Uprising - Muse
Great intro and rock beat, I can see this song it tons of video montages the next few months or a hockey skate in song

Party in The USA - Miley Cirus
So I missed this one a few weeks ago, great summerific song that's beyond catchy, nice to have writers and people on instruments when you are a billion dollar franchise

I'm Alive - Kenny Chesney & Dave Matthews
The biggest artists on tour get together for a track, track is mellow and slo but it'll be all over country radio 'cause it's Chesney

Whatcha Say - Jason DeRulo
Another mediocre rap/dance song to waste time on the dial

Only Way You Can Love Me - Keith Urban
Good track, imagine some peeps in Nashville will have their first dance to this song in the upcoming months

Outside My Window - Sarah Buxton
The $80 music video with a cute girly song taht you Colbie Caillat fans will enjoy

House of Daggers - Raekwon, Ghostface, & Method Man
Wow! Wu-Tang Clan isn't back per say but at least reminds me of their heyday, would be all over radio if they played real rap, summer driving anthem although I'm not responsible for any speeding tickets

One Day - Matisyahu
Your Jewish like me and I loved your first album, but this song is underwhelming if that's even a word

Albums

Persona - Queen Latifah
Let Jamie Foxx and Will Smith be the true triple-threats, I'm out on this one

Artwork - The Used
The band seemed to disappear for a bit, but I wanted them be back just not so hard I need my hearing for shuffleboard in the old age home later in life

Rabbit - Collective Soul
Can't believe they are still around, but hey more power to them

Shaka Rock - Jet
I'm in on this one, love this band and you should be too, they aren't just some band they play in beer commericals

Props to Jay-Z on his $50 a seat 9-11 show at MSG